Three anthropology associations (AAS, ASA and ASAANZ) are collaborating to put on an international conference in Adelaide, Australia, 11-15 December 2017, bringing together 300-400 anthropologists from across Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Commonwealth and beyond. The conference will include four and a half days of presentations and social events, in South Australia’s cosmopolitan coastal capital, Adelaide. ASA and AAS conferences have usually vibrant events, with the attending crowd always keen to buy books! The publisher space will be positioned close to the tea/coffee distribution and reception area, ensuring that this will be the space where delegates congregate, linger, and they won't be able to miss your presence. We would encourage publishers to come along and participate.
Marketing options available
Publishers can choose one or more of the following options:
- Single display table (~1.8m x 0.8m) - including abstract book and full access to panels & events for two colleagues*. Charge: 600 AUD
- Double display table (~3.6m x 0.8m) - including abstract book and full access to panels & events for three colleagues*. Charge: 900 AUD
- Full page portrait advert in conference programme - the book will be A4 in size; the advert should be supplied as a 300dpi, black & white TIF, with a 3mm bleed. Please keep live text 10mm away from the edge. File to be emailed to conference(at)shiftingstates.info by 6th October 2017. Adverts may be a full page or a half page in size. Charge: 250/300 AUD
*Additional colleagues will be billed at 300 AUD per person. NB! “All events” does not include the conference dinner which has it’s own charge. If interested to book your staff into the conference dinner, please email conference(at)shiftingstates.info
- We do NOT offer unstaffed displays - experience shows that you do not get to really market your company, but simply lose your stock. However if your company wishes to send he books for sale and would like to hire a local to do the selling, please contact conference(at)shiftingstates.info ASAP so that we can arrange this in good time.
- We do NOT offer insertion of ads/catalogues in delegate packs -- experience shows that the clutter in a delegate bag is quickly junked, and rarely into a recycling bin. Ads which are printed in our conference book will not be thrown away, and so will have a longer shelf-life; while this will also have environmental benefits.
If booking a display table(s), please email the following information:
- name of company
- number of tables and/or adverts you wish to book
- names and email addresses of any staff wishing to attend (for badge/access purposes)
- whether you require electricity at your stand
- any information you need to appear on the invoice we will send
Terms of payment will be 30 days from receipt of the invoice, and payment methods will be card payment online or bank transfer.
Email conference(at)shiftingstates.info to book your presence.
Delivery deadline & address
If sending books, etc, please mark all parcels with delivery labels as follows:
To: SHIFTING STATES CONFERENCE - publisher name
Dr. Richard Vokes
University of Adelaide
Department of Anthropology
Room 125, Level 1 Napier Building
South Australia 5005
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: the department cannot receive any packages over the weekend. Also, as all deliveries to the university get sent to a mail processing company first, it is advisable to aim getting the parcels to the venue by November 27th.
Exhibitors can pack up from lunchtime Thursday, December 14th onwards. To ensure you get your books back please label all your boxes, with your publisher name in the top left hand corner, and make sure that whoever makes the courier booking ensures that publisher name is used as a reference in the order. Collections should be booked for 14th or 15th December.
NB the department would be happy to keep any remaining books from the publishers to send them on to universities in developing countries – please let us know if you’d prefer that arrangement.
Collections address as above.
The following companies will exhibit during the conference: